Market District hosts program on charcuterie at Northern Tier Library
Sunday, September 29, 2019 | 12:01 AM
Northern Tier Regional Library has a variety of upcoming activities and events.
The library is at 4015 Dickey Road, Gibsonia. For details or to register for an event, call 724-449-2665.
• On Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 6 to 9 p.m., chef Carol Nardello will offer a fall cooking class. Recipes will include Creamy Pumpkin Soup, Savory Pumpkin Pasta, Roasted Pumpkin Salad and Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Dressing. The cost of the class is $40. There is a limit of 20 attendees, so advance registration is required.
• On Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Natureology: Birds will be held. Join Tony Palermo to learn some fascinating facts about birds. This event is suitable for children of all ages. Registration is required.
• On Thursday, Oct. 10, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Chef Mike from the Market District in Wexford will be hosting a Charcuterie Board program. He will share tips for creating a delicious charcuterie board preparation. All participants will have the opportunity to sample the assortment. Registration is required.
• On Tuesday, Oct. 15, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Improv for Kids will be held. Theater games will be played and is perfect for any child looking to improve confidence, gain focus and have a positive experience. Sheri Ward leads this one-hour workshop to help children learn to unlock their inner creativity in a fun and supportive environment. No experience is necessary, but registration is required.
• On Wednesday, Oct. 16, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Dr. Jordan Rozich of Richland Chiropractic Center will host a program about proper reading positions and how to prevent aches and pains associated with sitting at a desk, computer or vehicle. Registration is required.
• On Friday, Oct. 18, from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., children 4 and younger are invited to join in for music and movement offered by Rebecca Toman from Zumbini. Sing, dance and play instruments while developing social, cognitive, emotional and motor skills. Registration is required.
• On Tuesday, Oct. 29, from 6 to 7 p.m., the library will be hosting a Halloween party. Children are encouraged to dress in costume and parade around the library. Trick-or-treating will be included. There will be crafts, activities and a Halloween pinata. This program is for children of all ages. Registration is required.